[comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt] xdvi for RT??

mascagni@ncifcrf.gov (Michael Mascagni) (02/12/90)

Does anyone know where I can get an X11 based dvi previewer that will run
on my RT which is runnning AIX 2.2.1???  A place where I can anonymously
FTP source would be fine, also the binaries would be great.  I seem to
remember someone mentioning the availablilty of something called xdvi a
while back.  I think this is what I am looking for.  BTW, dvi is the TeX
device independent format that is its generic output.  Thanks for your
help--Michael Mascagni mascagni@ncifcrf.gov

ron@woan.austin.ibm.com (Ronald S. Woan/2113674) (02/13/90)

In article <1506@fcs280s.ncifcrf.gov>, mascagni@ncifcrf.gov (Michael M
writes:
|>Does anyone know where I can get an X11 based dvi previewer that will run
|>on my RT which is runnning AIX 2.2.1???

Although I have not used it myself (we have an internal tool), xdvi is
now called xtex and can be found in the contrib section of the X11R4
distribution which means you can get it from all the usual places
(expo.lcs.mit.edu and gatekeeper.dec.com come to mind).

						Ron

+ Ronald S. Woan  (IBM VNET)WOAN AT AUSTIN, (AUSTIN)ron@woan.austin.ibm.com +
+ outside of IBM       @cs.utexas.edu:ibmaus!auschs!woan.austin.ibm.com!ron +
+ last resort                                        woan@peyote.cactus.org +

griefer@adg.almaden.ibm.com (Allan D. Griefer) (02/13/90)

xdvi should be available in the x source archive on uunet.

Opinions are strictly my own,
Allan D. Griefer,       IBM Almaden Research Center, San Jose, CA
BITNET: GRIEFER at ALMADEN              Internet: griefer@ibm.com
UUCP: ...!uunet!ibmarc!griefer          mcimail: 398-8024

luis@lutetia.rice.edu (Luis Soltero) (02/14/90)

   From: mascagni@ncifcrf.gov (Michael Mascagni)
   Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt
   Date: 12 Feb 90 15:23:32 GMT

   Does anyone know where I can get an X11 based dvi previewer that will run
   on my RT which is runnning AIX 2.2.1???  A place where I can anonymously
   FTP source would be fine, also the binaries would be great.  I seem to
   remember someone mentioning the availablilty of something called xdvi a
   while back.  I think this is what I am looking for.  BTW, dvi is the TeX
   device independent format that is its generic output.  Thanks for your
   help--Michael Mascagni mascagni@ncifcrf.gov

you can get a binary via anonymous ftp titan.rice.edu (128.42.1.30)
look for public/xdvi.rt

--luis@rice.edu

   From: ron@woan.austin.ibm.com (Ronald S. Woan/2113674)
   Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt
   Date: 12 Feb 90 19:25:55 GMT
   Sender: news@awdprime.UUCP

   writes:
   |>Does anyone know where I can get an X11 based dvi previewer that will run
   |>on my RT which is runnning AIX 2.2.1???

   Although I have not used it myself (we have an internal tool), xdvi is
   now called xtex and can be found in the contrib section of the X11R4
   distribution which means you can get it from all the usual places
   (expo.lcs.mit.edu and gatekeeper.dec.com come to mind).

						   Ron

this is not true.  xdvi an xtex are very diffrent.  for one there is
not way to make xtex run on RT. you can get binary of xdvi via
anonymous ftp to titan.rice.edu (128.42.1.30)

--luis@rice.edu