[comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt] Side rails for IBM RT 6150 hard disks.

ehrlich@cs.psu.edu (Daniel Ehrlich) (02/20/90)

I know I asked this question before, but I can not find the responses I
recieved.  So please indulge me with anothe deluge of mail messages.

We have purchased MAXSTOR 4380E diskdrives to install in to out RT 6150s.
We will also need the rails that the drives ride on in the hangers in the
chassis.  Does anyone have a source for these rails?

Thanks in advance, especially since I lost the last set of answers.

--
Dan Ehrlich <ehrlich@cs.psu.edu>
Voice: +1 814 863 1142	FAX: +1 814 865 3176

dyer@spdcc.COM (Steve Dyer) (02/20/90)

In article <Ejjh.6@cs.psu.edu> ehrlich@cs.psu.edu (Daniel Ehrlich) writes:
>We have purchased MAXSTOR 4380E diskdrives to install in to out RT 6150s.

If you ever get them to work, let me know.  I'd start lining up a buyer and
buy a few Maxtor SCSI drives and use Christer Bernerus' Adaptec AHA1540
SCSI disk and tape driver for AOS 4.3.  It really works great.

>We will also need the rails that the drives ride on in the hangers in the
>chassis.  Does anyone have a source for these rails?

These are literally a dime a dozen, if you know of the right place.
Any "Mom 'n Pop" PC-clone store will sell rails for drives.
--
Steve Dyer
dyer@ursa-major.spdcc.com aka {ima,harvard,rayssd,linus,m2c}!spdcc!dyer