[comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt] hc2.1y now available

bradley@grip.cis.upenn.edu (John Bradley) (02/08/90)

Can anybody tell me where I can get this via ftp?  I don't have a modem
readily available, so I can't UUCP it from ibmsupt.

Alternately, if it's not too huge, could some kind soul just mail me the file?

John Bradley  -  University of Pennsylvania  -  bradley@cis.upenn.edu

news@udenva.cair.du.edu (netnews) (02/09/90)

In article <20089@netnews.upenn.edu> bradley@grip.cis.upenn.edu (John Bradley) writes:

>Can anybody tell me where I can get this via ftp?  I don't have a modem
>readily available, so I can't UUCP it from ibmsupt.
>
>Alternately, if it's not too huge, could some kind soul just mail me the file?
>
>John Bradley  -  University of Pennsylvania  -  bradley@cis.upenn.edu

I would be interested in getting HC2.1y by ftp also.

Thanks

Matt Brookover
University Of Denver
mbrookov@zephyr.cair.du.edu

chet@cwns1.INS.CWRU.Edu (Chet Ramey) (02/09/90)

John Bradley writes about hc 2.1y:

> Can anybody tell me where I can get this via ftp?  I don't have a modem
> readily available, so I can't UUCP it from ibmsupt.
>
> Alternately, if it's not too huge, could some kind soul just mail me
the file?

How about IBM making it available for ftp from uunet?  Any chance of that
happening?

(If not, and someone can mail the file(s), can he or she cc me?)

Chet Ramey				"Can't you pay a grad student to
Network Services Group			 read the manual for you?"
Case Western Reserve University			-- Bill Wisner,
chet@ins.CWRU.Edu				   	to Peter Honeyman

esj@bikini.cis.ufl.edu (Eric S. Johnson) (02/09/90)

John Bradley writes about hc 2.1y:

> Can anybody tell me where I can get this via ftp?  I don't have a modem
> readily available, so I can't UUCP it from ibmsupt.

Count me in as stranded on the Internet too. Any help for us out there?

I have asked our local IBM-techie-guy to help out, and between spouting
about how wonderfull AIX is, he said he would bring in a tape....
Im not holding my breath.

Hey mister, can I a bum a compiler off ya?
Ej

jqj@rt-jqj.Stanford.EDU (JQ Johnson) (02/10/90)

Note that hc is a 3rd party software product, and IBM has responsibilities
for seeing that it is not distributed to anyone who does not have a license
for it.  This precludes anonymous ftp access.

JQ Johnson                              voice: 415-723-3078
Manager, Special Projects               Internet: jqj@jessica.stanford.edu
Networking and Communications Systems
Pine Hall Rm 125-A
Stanford University
Stanford, CA 94305-4122

brunner@bullhead.uucp (02/24/90)

If you can't get the 2.1y version via uucp from ibmsupt, I would like to know
why not. To let me know, send me a note to either or all of these addresses:

	brunner@monet.berkeley.edu	(your rt has "internet access")
or
	somepath!uunet!ibmsupt!brunner	(your rt has somepath to uunet)
or
	ibmsupt!brunner			(your rt calls ibmsupt, but for some
					 reason large file transfers get munged)

Of course you can use the "reply" feature of whatever news reader you are
using to read this, but I don't really recommend it -- as Eugene Miya often
notes in his postings, trusting an abritrary collection of mailers to "do the
right thing" is a lot of trust.

Please make my life simpler, use the following subject line, NOT the subject
line of this posting. In the body of the posting do let me know if you need
me to send you a diskette with the 2.1y version. Do supply your preferred
postal address.

	Subject: Re: Problem with link to ibmsupt

If you don't receive a reply in 7 days (twice the usual "undeliverable" delay,
either you didn't use the subject line below and my automated reply/refile
left your message in my overfull inbox, or your note or mine got bounced.
Send it again via the postal service to the address below.

	IBM Advance Workstation Division
	1510 Page Mill Road
	Mail Stop 35A
	Palo Alto, California 94304
	U.S.A.

	Attention: Mr. Eric Brunner

When we get these requests for the 2.1y version, which is the best compiler
we've yet seen, Mark and I will spend a day cutting floppies, and refer all
the ibmsupt-link problems to Charlie.

Thank you all who attended our BoF at USENIX! It was a real pleasure meeting
you.

Eric Brunner, Consultant, IBM AWD Palo Alto	(415) 855-4486
inet: brunner@monet.berkeley.edu
uucp: uunet!ibmsupt!brunner