[comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt] rstat problem...

christos@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Christos Zoulas) (03/03/90)

Hi,

rstat() is not working correctly on the RT running AOS 4.3, when sending/
receiving data to/from a different type host (not another RT). The reason
is that DK_NDRIVE is defined to be 6 in /usr/include/sys/dk.h and not 4 as
in the rest of the machines.

I changed DK_NDRIVE on my RT to be 4, recompiled the kernel, the parts
of the kernel code that go to libc, the librpcsvc, and rstatd. Now rstat
works...

Is the change ok, or did I break something? Also are there any other programs
I need to recompile?

I also have a version of top that runs on the rt. You can ftp it if you want
from ee-switch-1.ee.cornell.edu (128.84.239.201).

christos
 |   ARPA: christos@ee.cornell.edu                                     |
 |   UUCP: {cmc12,shasta,uw-beaver,rochester}!cornell!tesla!christos   |

schwartz@barad-dur.endor.cs.psu.edu (Scott E. Schwartz) (03/03/90)

In article <9829@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu> Christos Zoulas writes:
>rstat() is not working correctly on the RT running AOS 4.3, when sending/
>receiving data to/from a different type host (not another RT).

>I changed DK_NDRIVE on my RT to be 4, recompiled the kernel, the parts
>of the kernel code that go to libc, the librpcsvc, and rstatd. Now rstat
>works...

Another fix is to ftp a copy of SUNRPC 4.0 from titan.rice.edu, install
it on your RT (replacing SUNRPC 3.?) and recompile.

--
Scott Schwartz		schwartz@cs.psu.edu
"the same idea is applied today in the use of slide rules." -- Don Knuth