[comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt] Re SCSI Driver

bernerus@utcrt2.utc.chalmers.se (Christer Bernerus) (03/02/90)

There seems as if some of you "over there" has trouble reaching
*.ctp.se.ibm.com, I've temporarily
copied the driver to chalmers.se (129.16.1.1) Look in tmp/scsi.tar.Z
If you only have nameserver problems the IP address for
wasp.ctp.se.ibm.com is 192.36.23.10

Chris.

njs@scifi.UUCP (Nicholas J. Simicich) (03/11/90)

In article <727@vice2utc.chalmers.se> bernerus@utcrt2.utc.chalmers.se
(Christer Bernerus) writes:

>There seems as if some of you "over there" has trouble reaching
>*.ctp.se.ibm.com, I've temporarily
>copied the driver to chalmers.se (129.16.1.1) Look in tmp/scsi.tar.Z
>If you only have nameserver problems the IP address for
>wasp.ctp.se.ibm.com is 192.36.23.10

Um, er, I really don't think that this name is nameserved.  I'm not
the first to know, but I don't think that any *.ibm.com names are
nameserved at all.   Last I heard, only ibm.com was nameserved.

Are you nameserving it locally?
--
Nick Simicich --- uunet!bywater!scifi!njs --- njs@ibm.com (Internet)

dyer@spdcc.COM (Steve Dyer) (03/12/90)

In article <1231@scifi.UUCP> njs@scifi.UUCP (Nicholas J. Simicich) writes:
>Um, er, I really don't think that this name is nameserved.  I'm not
>the first to know, but I don't think that any *.ibm.com names are
>nameserved at all.   Last I heard, only ibm.com was nameserved.
>Are you nameserving it locally?

% nslookup
Default Server:  ursa-major
Address:  0.0.0.0

> wasp.ctp.se.ibm.com
Server:  ursa-major
Address:  0.0.0.0

Name:    wasp.ctp.se.ibm.com
Address:  192.36.23.10

The only reports I've heard of people being unable to resolve the name
come from within IBM. :-)

--
Steve Dyer
dyer@ursa-major.spdcc.com aka {ima,harvard,rayssd,linus,m2c}!spdcc!dyer