[comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt] ibm-xt used as Xwindow terminal?

sauer@dell.dell.com (Charlie Sauer) (05/02/90)

In article <1045@applix.UUCP> jim@applix.UUCP (Jim Morton [ext 237]) writes:
>                                  But seriously, all the DOS-based
>solutions for X servers that I have used are worthless on less
>than a 386-20 with 2 megs of extended memory.

We use 12MHz 286's and 16MHz 386SX's for X servers, and they work pretty well,
so I disagree about requiring a 20MHz DX.  2MB of memory is probably the right
figure, though, and a 4.77MHz 8088 (real XT) is hard to fathom for this
purpose.

Of course, this is getting fairly far afield from this group...
--
Charlie Sauer       Dell Computer Corp.        !'s:uunet!dell!sauer
(512) 343-3310      9505 Arboretum Blvd        @'s:sauer@dell.com