[comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt] heat output of a 6150 anyone?

se@comp.lancs.ac.uk (Steve Elliott) (07/23/90)

Can anyone tell me what the heat output of a floor-standing
6150 IBM PC RT is?
No, I'm not considering using one to heat my front room; we're about
to move two into a cupboard to cut down on the noise and need to
know how much ducting to put in.

I've had a quick look through the manuals and I can't see
anything about physical specifications.

Steve Elliott

--
se@uk.ac.lancs.comp
University of Lancaster, Department of Computing,

se@comp.lancs.ac.uk (Steve Elliott) (07/26/90)

In article <976@dcl-vitus.comp.lancs.ac.uk> se@uk.ac.lancs.comp I write:
>Can anyone tell me what the heat output of a floor-standing
>6150 IBM PC RT is?

The answer, of course, is to ask an IBM engineer!
In case anyone is wondering, the answer is 2400 BTUs per hour

Steve
--

bass@cs.utk.edu (Vance Bass) (08/04/90)

In article <976@dcl-vitus.comp.lancs.ac.uk> se@uk.ac.lancs.comp (Steve Elliott) writes:
>Can anyone tell me what the heat output of a floor-standing
>6150 IBM PC RT is?

According to the RT Planning Guide, the output of a 6150 is 2400 BTU/hr,
while a 6151 puts out 2150 BTU/hr.

--

Vance Bass			The opinions expressed here are strictly
IBM     			my own and do not necessaririly represent