[comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt] SIGNAL conversions

TAR@MAINE.BITNET (Thom Rounds) (08/07/90)

    Howdy, howdy, howdy...

    Need ehlp from ANYONE regarding conversion of SIGTSTP signal to their AIX
counterpart. i.e. I need to patch this code and need to call SIGTSTP something
else. What should I use?

Thom Rounds
tar@Maine.caps.maine.edu

drake@drake.almaden.ibm.com (08/08/90)

In article <90218.233632TAR@MAINE.BITNET> TAR@MAINE.BITNET (Thom Rounds) writes:
>    Need ehlp from ANYONE regarding conversion of SIGTSTP signal to their AIX
>counterpart. i.e. I need to patch this code and need to call SIGTSTP something
>else. What should I use?

Which version of AIX?  On AIX PS/2 and AIX Version 3 (for the RISC System/6000),you'd just use SIGTSTP.  In AIX Version 2 on the RT there's no equivalent,
as that version doesn't support job control.  If on the RT, you'll just have
to no-op the code that uses SIGTSTP, since your application will never get it
anyway.

Sam Drake / IBM Almaden Research Center
Internet:  drake@ibm.com            BITNET:  DRAKE at ALMADEN
Usenet:    ...!uunet!ibmarc!drake   Phone:   (408) 927-1861