[comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt] AIX Access on Zenith Z-386

wieland@ea.ecn.purdue.edu (Jeffrey J Wieland) (09/11/90)

I have been trying to run AIX Access version 1.1.1 on a Zenith Z-386
with MS-DOS 4.01.  The drivers load OK, but when after pccinit runs,
the system will hang if you try to use any of the resident MS-DOS
commands (DIR, TYPE, etc.).  I am using a 3Com 3C503 ethernet card.
It will also hang if I just install it for RS-232.

Is AIX-Access not compatible with the Zenith?
--
				Jeff Wieland
			    wieland@acn.purdue.edu

resnick@cogsci.uiuc.edu (Pete Resnick) (09/11/90)

wieland@ea.ecn.purdue.edu (Jeffrey J Wieland) writes:

>I have been trying to run AIX Access version 1.1.1 on a Zenith Z-386
>with MS-DOS 4.01.
             ^^^^
>Is AIX-Access not compatible with the Zenith?

It's 4.01 that's screwing you up. AADU is not compatible with it. Use 3.30.

pr
--
Pete Resnick             (...so what is a mojo, and why would one be rising?)
Graduate assistant - Philosophy Department, Gregory Hall, UIUC

In article <1990Sep10.221943.21969@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> resnick@cogsci.uiuc.edu (Pete Resnick) writes:
>wieland@ea.ecn.purdue.edu (Jeffrey J Wieland) writes:
>>I have been trying to run AIX Access version 1.1.1 on a Zenith Z-386
>>with MS-DOS 4.01.
>>Is AIX-Access not compatible with the Zenith?
>It's 4.01 that's screwing you up. AADU is not compatible with it. Use 3.30.

Of course, this means that it won't work with the PS/2's that IBM has
been shipping for some months now with PC-DOS 4.01.  I don't have DOS 3.3
for my Zenith -- it came with 4.01, and the 70 meg hard drive is formatted
as one large partition.  I hope that IBM will fix this, because we're dead
in the water now.  Is this another product that is OEM'ed from Locus?
It appears to be from the startup screen.
--
				Jeff Wieland
			    wieland@acn.purdue.edu