[comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt] HELP! VRM-Debugger

fozzy@edvvie.at (Fozzy C. Dressel) (09/13/90)

Please, please HELP !

Does anybody now, how to store one auf the hd[0-3]-partitions of the
hdisk0 via VRM-debugger (cpy command) on a tape or Diskette. Our VRM
crashed and a couldn't reinstall the VRM (Error C600) because the first
bytes on the VRM-Partition include bad values and I'm not sure, if I
lose the contents of the 4 partitions [0-3) wenn I change the vrm-values
to new values.

And NOBODY could tell me the parameters for the cpy/instf-command of the
VRM-Debugger to save my partitions or single files on it.

Please, if anybody of you has expirence with the VRM, please help (quick !!)

many, many thanks in advance
and please excuse my english

fozzy@edvvie.at
--
	Fozzy C. Dressel                LOCAL  :  fozzy@eliza
	EDV-Ges.m.b.H Wien              USENET :  fozzy@richie.at

moody@moody.austin.ibm.com (09/18/90)

In article <4@edvvie.at> fozzy@edvvie.at (Fozzy C. Dressel) writes:
>Please, please HELP !

[stuff deleted]

>And NOBODY could tell me the parameters for the cpy/instf-command of the
>VRM-Debugger to save my partitions or single files on it.

You can get more information on each command available in VMF (VRM MAINTENANCE
FACILITY) by entering the command name followed by '?'.
Doing that gives something like

cpy device block# device block# number_of_blocks

I will give you an example of how to copy hd0 to diskette....
This assumes you 2400 sectors per diskette.

cpy iodn 0 4 0 2400

where iodn is the minidisk iodn of hd0.  4 is the iodn of the diskette drive.
After copying a diskette's worth of data, change diskettes and enter

cpy iodn 2400 4 0 2400

This will copy starting at sector 2400.

You may be able to use hd0 as the iodn argument but I can't remember.

--
James Moody				aesnet:moody@moody.austin.ibm.com
Advanced Workstations Division		vnet: MOODY at AUSVMQ