[comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt] Halp! I crashed my AOS miniroot floppy.

jet@karazm.math.uh.edu (J. Eric Townsend) (10/07/90)

What can I do?  restore(8) wants to create .restoresymtab, but
there's some problem with the inode list that causes a panic:

mode = 0100644, Inum = 28, fs = /
panic: (Cpu 0) ialloc: dup alloc

My RT is dead, dead dead right now.  What can I do?  I tried to fsck
the floppy (ok, so there's no /dev/rfd0) and that blew up.

Any suggestions?
--
J. Eric Townsend     Internet: jet@uh.edu    Bitnet: jet@UHOU
Systems Manager - University of Houston Dept. of Mathematics - (713) 749-2120

jet@karazm.math.uh.edu (J. Eric Townsend) (10/09/90)

In article <1990Oct7.095028.6652@lavaca.uh.edu> jet@karazm.math.uh.edu (J. Eric Townsend) writes:
>What can I do?  restore(8) wants to create .restoresymtab, but
>there's some problem with the inode list that causes a panic.

Rule #1:  Always back things up.
Rule #2:  Always promptly thank all the kind people on USENET who
helped you solve your problem.

Ta.