[comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt] Looking for

eddy@jafus.mi.org (Eddy J. Gurney) (10/19/90)

Has anybody done a port of GNU's 'gcc' for an RT running under AIX
version 2.2.1?  I know version 1.37.1 is the latest released version,
and that gcc 2.0 is _supposed_ to have RT support, but who knows
_when_ that will be released.

Does anybody have a semi-recent version of gcc running under the
AIX 2.2.1?  Like 1.36 or something?  I'd really like an ANSI-compatible
C compiler...

A binary version would be fine, but source would be nice, if available...
(an FTP site is just peachy... :-)

aTdHvAaNnKcSe,
E.J.G.
--
         Eddy J. Gurney  N8FPW         THE ECCENTRICITY GROUP         EEEEGGGG
eddy@jafus.mi.org    gurney@frith.egr.msu.edu    17158EJG@MSU.BITNET  EEE G GG

gottlieb@allan.ultra.nyu.edu (Allan Gottlieb) (10/20/90)

In article <1990Oct19.023142.19498@jafus.mi.org> eddy@jafus.mi.org (Eddy J. Gurney) writes:

   Does anybody have a semi-recent version of gcc running under the
   AIX 2.2.1?  Like 1.36 or something?  I'd really like an ANSI-compatible
   C compiler...

We have one for the RT but under AOS (nee ACIS).  The version 1
compiler is available.  THe version 2 ... .  You should mail to
kenner@nyu.edu if an AOS version is of use.
--
Allan Gottlieb
gottlieb@nyu.edu

peter@msinc.msi.com (Peter Blemel) (10/23/90)

In article <1990Oct19.023142.19498@jafus.mi.org> eddy@jafus.mi.org (Eddy J. Gurney) writes:
>Has anybody done a port of GNU's 'gcc' for an RT running under AIX
>version 2.2.1?  I know version 1.37.1 is the latest released version,
>and that gcc 2.0 is _supposed_ to have RT support, but who knows
>_when_ that will be released.
>
>Does anybody have a semi-recent version of gcc running under the
>AIX 2.2.1?  Like 1.36 or something?  I'd really like an ANSI-compatible
>C compiler...

This would be really nice as g++ is built on gcc. I think you have to have
1.37.1 to do it. You have to have g++ (or c++ anyway) to compile the groff
ditroff stuff, which is what I really want. Does IBM have a c++ compiler
comercially available for 2.2.1?

Peter Blemel
bbx!yenta!msinc!peter@unmvax.cs.unm.edu