[comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt] Diagnostic code list wanted

patman@lotus.com (Pat Mancuso) (01/03/91)

The RT in my office died the other day, and now will only
yield a steady '7c' code on the LEDs on power-up.  The
IBM doc that I have is *very* sketchy about what went wrong,
("system unit") so I'd like to know more.

As the problem may just be a loose connector (hope, hope) I'd
like to know where to concentrate on wire-wiggling.

Thanks-
Pat

--
Pat Mancuso - patman@lotus.com

dyer@spdcc.COM (Steve Dyer) (01/03/91)

In article <1991Jan2.173450.1859@lotus.com> patman@spice.lotus.com (Pat Mancuso) writes:
>The RT in my office died the other day, and now will only
>yield a steady '7c' code on the LEDs on power-up.  The
>IBM doc that I have is *very* sketchy about what went wrong,
>("system unit") so I'd like to know more.

This happened to me (er, my RT) a few months ago.

>As the problem may just be a loose connector (hope, hope) I'd
>like to know where to concentrate on wire-wiggling.

I'm afraid that the only wire you should jiggle is the phone cord to
contact IBM repair...  When it happened to me, I tried all sorts of
variants (swapping CPU boards, removing AFPA, etc.) without effect.
IBM simply came in, swapped the planar (system) board, and I was up
and running again in 15 minutes.  It's times like this that I am
glad I bought a service contract...

--
Steve Dyer
dyer@ursa-major.spdcc.com aka {ima,harvard,rayssd,linus,m2c}!spdcc!dyer