[comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt] Adaptec SCSI

jch@chumley.tn.cornell.edu (Jeffrey C Honig) (01/26/91)

Has anyone used an Exabyte with the Adaptec SCSI board under IBM/4.3
with the SCSI patches available from the UFl archives?

What other SCSI disks have people used this driver with?

Does the Adaptec SCSI board (AHA1540A or AHA1542) do sync SCSI, or is
there a version that does that is software compatible with these two?

Jeff

brunner@ibmpa.awdpa.ibm.com (01/30/91)

In article <JCH.91Jan25170715@chumley.tn.cornell.edu> jch@chumley.tn.cornell.edu (Jeffrey C Honig) writes:
>Has anyone used an Exabyte with the Adaptec SCSI board under IBM/4.3
>with the SCSI patches available from the UFl archives?
>
>What other SCSI disks have people used this driver with?
>
>Does the Adaptec SCSI board (AHA1540A or AHA1542) do sync SCSI, or is
>there a version that does that is software compatible with these two?
>
>Jeff

Jeff,

We've used drivers written at Chalmers with some mods by Jacob Parnass
(IBM Research, Yorktown) with the two types (old and new) of Adaptec SCSI
boards available to us (the AHA1540A reference sounds correct, but I can't
check just now). We've been able to support both the 300Mb and 600Mb disks
marketed for the RS/6000, as well as 3rd party (non-IBM remarketed) 8mm
SCSI tape drives.

I hope to post this in a week or two as contracts wend their way through
purchasing.

#include <std/disclaimer.h>
Eric Brunner, Consultant in hibernation, IBM AWD Palo Alto (415) 855-4486
inet: brunner@monet.berkeley.edu		uucp: uunet!ibmsupt!brunner
trying to understand multiprocessing is like having bees live inside your head.