[comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt] NFS, R/6000 and RT

epeisach@athena.mit.edu (Ezra Peisach) (02/19/91)

In article <16534@milton.u.washington.edu> fetrow@bones.biostat.washington.edu (David Fetrow) writes:

> The RTs can mount the Sun drives, the Suns can mount the RT drives
>
> The R/6000 can mount the Sun drives but NOT the RT drives.
>
> The pertinient message I get is:
>
>NFS getattr failed for server uhura: RPC: Authentication error

One thing which we have seen with mount daemons on differing machines is
in their ability to reverse resolve the host names and verify them
against the IP address that is shipped over the wire. From the
information that you provided, I would suspect that the IP address of
the RS/6000 does not match the reverse-resolved one as seen on the RT.
(is it listed in the host tables or name servers tables?)
Also make sure that any domain names also match. We saw a problem once
with SUN's automounter failing for similar reasons on an RT mountd.

	Ezra