[comp.sys.ibm.pc.rt] tcp/ip over ethernet

hetrick@matt.ksu.ksu.edu (Robert W Hetrick) (06/27/91)

From: hetrick@matt.ksu.ksu.edu

Subject: Problems with using TCP/IP in connecting an IBM-PC to an IBM-RT.

I am using an IBM-RT model 6150-135 running AIX ver 2.2.1 and TCP/IP. I am
trying to connect an IBM-AT clone using Clarkson University's public domain
TCP/IP (TN3270). I can perform a ping within the RT and have no problem,
however, when I ping for the PC, no response. I have used the netstat command
to retreive the hardware address and have plugged that into the arp table. I
have looked into about every nook and crevice on the RT for address locations
and I have exhasted the knowledge of the area IBM network representative. I
am using a 3-Com ethernet card with a built in transceiver on the PC and an
IBM Baseband Adapter eternet card on the RT. When I try to connect from the PC,
I get the message that Local or Gateway host not responding. Questions. Does
anyone use TCP/IP on an RT in a similar setup? If so, what's the secret? I am
about to try a separate transceiver on the PC side as a last gasp measure. Let
me know if you have any ideas. Thanks.