[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] WD 8003 device drivers

fossum@VACS.UWP.WISC.EDU (Timothy Fossum) (06/09/88)

Several people in this group have requested technical information about
the WD8003E Ethernet card (for writing device drivers), but I don't
recall that there have been any posted responses.  Is there anyone out
there who can share the tech specs and/or driver source for this
board????

phil@amdcad.AMD.COM (Phil Ngai) (06/11/88)

In article <8806082112.AA18332@vacs.uwp.wisc.edu> fossum@VACS.UWP.WISC.EDU (Timothy Fossum) writes:
>Several people in this group have requested technical information about
>the WD8003E Ethernet card (for writing device drivers), but I don't
>recall that there have been any posted responses.  Is there anyone out
>there who can share the tech specs and/or driver source for this
>board????

I have 942 Kbytes of various files, source, binaries, and
documentation on the WD8003 and WD7000. Unfortunately most of the
source is copyrighted. There are a few binaries also.

I could ask WD what their position on my distributing is but before I
go to the trouble I wonder how many people are seriously interested.
Their response probably depends on how much they think it would
improve their profits.

Send me mail indicating if you want it, what you plan on doing with
it, whether you have or are planning to get one of the controllers,
and whether you have experience (what kind) writing drivers.

--

I speak for myself, not the company.
Phil Ngai, {ucbvax,decwrl,allegra}!amdcad!phil or phil@amd.com