[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Telnet via LocalTalk for PCs?

James@ucl-cs.UUCP (11/30/88)

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, but is there a version
of NCSA Telnet (or something similar) for PCs using LocalTalk boards?

Thanks.

James Pearson				JANET: jcpearso@uk.ac.ucl.cs
Dept. Photogrammetry & Surveying	 ARPA: jcpearso@cs.ucl.ac.uk
University College London		 UUCP: ...!ukc!cs.ucl!jcpearso
Gower Street
London	WC1E 6BT
UK

ddl@husc6.harvard.edu (Dan Lanciani) (12/02/88)

In article <96@ucl-cs.UUCP>, James@ucl-cs.UUCP writes:
> I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, but is there a version
> of NCSA Telnet (or something similar) for PCs using LocalTalk boards?

	The latest version of pc/ip, available from husc6.harvard.edu,
includes an AppleTalk/LocalTalk driver that I wrote.  It has been tested
with the FLashCard and Apple's own LocalTalk/PC card, each using the
hardware driver supplied with the card.  All of the standard pc/ip
programs (including the somewhat limitted telnet) work with this driver.
Note that the driver uses KIP style dynamic addressing.

				Dan Lanciani
				ddl@harvard.*

jas@proteon.com ("John A. Shriver") (12/06/88)

What is the copyright status on the LocalTalk driver for the PC?  Does
it talk directly to the board, or does it use the TOPS TSR driver?