[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] PC-NFS for FTP Inc. Kernal?

glen@aecom.YU.EDU (Glen M. Marianko) (04/05/89)

Is there available (or in the works) an NFS implementation
written to the FTP Software Inc. PC-TCP Kernal?  We are
currently using Micom Interlan NI5210s with Interlan's packet
driver for novell w/ PC-TCP.  We will soon be adding an X-windows
server with PC-Xview from Graphic Software Systems (503-641-2200)
which will be supporting the FTP kernal (30 days).  To top it all
off we need a PC-NFS implementation written to FTP.  If this
can be pulled off all in one PC with one NIC (saying nothing about
performance, memory drain, etc.) - WOW!  Kudos to FTP.

Company names, contact person, and phone number would be GREATLY
appreciated.  Many thanks!

-- Glen Marianko, Supervisor of Data Communications
   glen@aecom.yu.edu

latzko@pilot.njin.net (Alex ) (04/05/89)

In article <2237@aecom.YU.EDU> glen@aecom.YU.EDU (Glen M. Marianko) writes:

> Is there available (or in the works) an NFS implementation
> written to the FTP Software Inc. PC-TCP Kernal?  We are
> -- Glen Marianko, Supervisor of Data Communications
>    glen@aecom.yu.edu

FTP Inc has announced a NFS module for their product.  I would suggest
you give them a call.    The new phone number is 1 617 246 0900.
Roger Green  is the sales critter.

cheers
/S*
latzko@rutgers

jbvb@VAX.FTP.COM (James Van Bokkelen) (04/05/89)

NFS and PC-NFS are trademarks of Sun Microsystems, Inc.

Our implementation of Sun's NFS protocol for DOS PCs is named "Interdrive".
It does run on top of the standard PC/TCP kernel, and it will be available
as an add-on to PC/TCP for DOS 3.x and 4.x in mid-April.  The combination of
Interdrive and the kernel is larger than PC/NFS, but you can unload Interdrive
if you need the memory for other things (X-windows is pretty large, too).

Note that we implement RFCs 1057 and 1094 (Sun RPC version 2).

Note that some NFS servers are broken, and can't hack RPC lengths other than
multiples of 1024.  If you have one of these, it won't work with our SLIP
kernel (IP MTU of 1006 bytes means RPC length of about 900...).

Call us, ask for someone in sales...

James B. VanBokkelen		26 Princess St., Wakefield, MA  01880
FTP Software Inc.		voice: (617) 246-0900  fax: (617) 246-0901

ANNIEH@PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU (Anne F Holderried) (04/07/89)

Lee,

Thanks for thinking of me; this sounds very interesting and I'll
see what I can learn about it.  Is it o.k. if I contact the sales
folks?

Thanks again,
Annie