[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Novell & TCP/IP integration

barr@frog.UUCP (Chris Barr) (05/13/89)

DOBEIRNE@IRLEARN.BITNET (Dermot O'Beirne) writes:
> >Netware TCP/IP Option (MICOM-INTERLAN).
> From any accounts I have heard I would keep clear of this. Maybe its just
> the lack of support here but one site I know looking for just vt100 and

One Interlan site I spoke with today says
  a) they had several bugs fixed last year in NP600 tcp code (NP627)
  b) now use sockets mostly, but also FTP as follows:

                               PC AT (np600)
                                / \
                               /   \
                    TCP/IP mini     Novell NW file server (N5210)

The PC can
  a) logon to Netware server
  b) FTP logon to the mini
  c) ftp a file from the mini to the Novell server,
     by specifiying server drive prefix in filename

Interlan's tcp code was originally written for VAX tcp/ip.