[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Re^2: Request about use of PCNFS's socket driver

matthieu@magnon.laas.fr (Matthieu Herrb) (07/10/89)

Geoff Arnold @ Sun ECD - R.H. coast near the top writes:
 > You need to purchase a copy of the PC-NFS Programmer's Toolkit.
 > Contact your local Sun sales office for details.
 >
 > Geoff
 >
 > --
 > Geoff Arnold,                              Internet: garnold@sun.com
 > Manager, PC-NFS Engineering                UUCP: ....!sun!garnold
 > PCDS Group, Sun Microsystems Inc.
 > "A disclaimer? Sure, at that price you can have half a dozen of 'em."

This summarize well other replies I got (thanks to Pierre Antoine and
Geert Jan de Groot).

But I'm not happy with this reply. I suppose that this toolkit is ``only''
an interface between the device driver (that I already have) and my
(futures) programs; like any simple comm library just is an interface
between the bios and user's program.

I hoped that someone wrote his own interface. This souldn't violate
Sun's copyright on the driver and would be cheaper.

Any pointers ? -- Thanks in advance

\  /  | Matthieu Herrb             LAAS - RIA
|\/|--| matthieu@idefix.laas.fr    7, avenue du Colonel Roche