[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Telnet with tek4010 emulation??

coppi@zeppo.tapir.Caltech.EDU (Paul Coppi) (09/07/89)

Hi!

We would like to know if there exist any NCSA Telnet-type programs
(besides NCSA Telnet) which emulate Tektronix 401x terminals.
Much of our work involves the display of graphics, and unfortunately
the NCSA tek emulator appears to be somewhat primitive.  A
version by "Beame" was mentioned in the last PC/IP scorecard.  Has
anyone had any experience with this program or know how to get a copy
of it?

Thanks in advance,
   Paul Coppi
   (zeppo.caltech.edu, abbott.caltech.edu)

If there is sufficient interest, we will post a summary of
received replies.

rh26@prism.gatech.EDU (Robert L. Howard) (09/07/89)

In article <11844@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu> coppi@zeppo.tapir.Caltech.EDU (Paul Coppi) writes:
>We would like to know if there exist any NCSA Telnet-type programs
>(besides NCSA Telnet) which emulate Tektronix 401x terminals.

Add to that a request for Tek 410x or 420x terminals under Telnet.
Specifically, I would like it to run in conjunction with Sun's PC-NFS.
( I think I have seen one that will work with FTP Software's whatever. )

Thanks,
Robert

--
Robert L. Howard  (GTRI/STL/MSD)             (404) 421-7165
uucp:     ...!{allegra,amd,hplabs,ut-ngp}!gatech!prism!rh26

iea25@leah.Albany.Edu (Ivan E Auger) (09/08/89)

The company is Diversified Computer Systems.  You may call them at
1-800-247-3834 or 303-447-9251.

Ivan Auger, iea25@leah.albany.edu

backman@interlan.UUCP (Larry Backman) (09/08/89)

In article <1748@hydra.gatech.EDU> rh26@prism.gatech.EDU (Robert L. Howard) writes:
>In article <11844@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu> coppi@zeppo.tapir.Caltech.EDU (Paul Coppi) writes:
>>We would like to know if there exist any NCSA Telnet-type programs
>>(besides NCSA Telnet) which emulate Tektronix 401x terminals.
>
>Add to that a request for Tek 410x or 420x terminals under Telnet.
>Specifically, I would like it to run in conjunction with Sun's PC-NFS.
>( I think I have seen one that will work with FTP Software's whatever. )
>
>Thanks,
>Robert

	Try FTG Data Systems, Stanton CA. 714-995-3900
	I have a beta version of an "Emu-Tek" emulator.
	It works with our version of Telnet supplied with
	our Netware TCP gateway.  cannot attest to FTP Software's
	Telnet.

					Larry Backman
.

jbvb@VAX.FTP.COM (James Van Bokkelen) (09/09/89)

There are three ways that you can get Tek emulation with PC/TCP:

1. Use a Tek emulator that loads as a console device driver (like ANSI.SYS)
with our TNGLASS or RLOGINGL programs.  Grafpoint and Microplot sell emulators
that work like this.

2. Use an asynch-oriented Tek emulator that can be configured to use BIOS
INT 14 with our INT14-using TNGLASS (presently available as a separate
item, it and an INT14-using RLOGINGL will be included in 2.04, due out this
month).  This works with Kermit and a number of commercial emulators.

3. Use one of our OEM's Tek emulators, linked with our Telnet or Rlogin
library (from the Developer's Kit).  DCS and WR&Q both have versions
that do this.

James B. VanBokkelen		26 Princess St., Wakefield, MA  01880
FTP Software Inc.		voice: (617) 246-0900  fax: (617) 246-0901