[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] LAN Manager over TCP/IP

mead@UHURA.CC.ROCHESTER.EDU (Ted Mead) (09/28/89)

Does anyone know of anyone developing LAN Manager over TCP/IP?

Thanks,
Ted

ljm@TWG.COM (Leo J McLaughlin) (09/29/89)

>Does anyone know of anyone developing LAN Manager over TCP/IP?

If you mean mean what you say, Microsoft and HP are the only companies
I know of doing LAN Manager development.  If you are asking if anyone
is doing TCP/IP under LAN Manager, we are, I would assume FTP software is,
and I know of a number of grad students hacking away.

enjoy,
leo j mclaughlin iii
The Wollongong Group
ljm@twg.com

mtarrani@crash.cts.com (Mike Tarrani) (10/01/89)

In article <8909281519.ab21874@Obelix.TWG.COM> ljm@TWG.COM (Leo J McLaughlin) writes:

>>Does anyone know of anyone developing LAN Manager over TCP/IP?
>
>If you mean mean what you say, Microsoft and HP are the only companies
>I know of doing LAN Manager development.  If you are asking if anyone
>is doing TCP/IP under LAN Manager, we are, I would assume FTP software is,

 >leo j mclaughlin iii
>The Wollongong Group
>ljm@twg.com

Actually, Ungerman-Bass is doing a lot of LAN Manager development.  Since
U-B's products support TC/IP (their NIU-190s and ACCESS/One) I imagine that
they are working on LAN Manager over TCP/IP.

--
Mike Tarrani          crash!mtarrani@nosc.mil
Network Analyst       Network Engineering Technologies

lance@ubvax.UB.Com (Lance Keigwin) (10/03/89)

In article <455@crash.cts.com> mtarrani@crash.cts.com (Mike Tarrani) writes:
>Actually, Ungerman-Bass is doing a lot of LAN Manager development.  Since
>U-B's products support TCP/IP (their NIU-190s and ACCESS/One) I imagine that
>they are working on LAN Manager over TCP/IP.

U-B recently released TCP "16.1" which supports OS2 LAN Manager and DOS/OS2
workstations (TELNET & FTP).  It also supports the complete line of async
services, et al.
--
Lance P. Keigwin   lance@ubvax.ub.com (uucp) lance@Engr.UB.Com (CSNET)
		   {pyramid,vsi1,ames,lll-winken,weitek,sco}!ubvax!lance