[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Ungermann-Bass NIC to be used in an IBM 8232 LAN channel device

sxjlh@ACAD3.FAI.ALASKA.EDU ("Jeff Harrison, UACN Systems Programmer") (10/19/89)

Would some kind sole provide me with a telephone and/or address of a supplier
of Ungermann-Bass NIC boards?  This will be used in an IBM 8232 LAN channel
device.  The specific device within the 8232 is an IBM 7532 which has an AT
style bus.  We are having trouble find the telephone/address of Ungermann-Bass
or a supplier.

If there are any folks out there who have installed an IBM 8232, especially to
be used with an MVS/XA system running IBM's TCP/IP product I would be interested
in discussing your installation setup.

Jeff Harrison
Systems Programmer
University of Alaska Computer Network

sxjlh@acad3.fai.alaska.edu
sxjlh@alaska.bitnet

907.474.6329

cire@CISCO.COM (cire|eric) (10/20/89)

Why mess with UB at all?  Why don't you just put a real IBM TR card in
it?

-c

epsilon@wet.UUCP (Eric P. Scott) (10/23/89)

In article <8910191501.aa24409@louie.udel.edu> cire@CISCO.COM
	(cire|eric) writes:
>Why mess with UB at all?  Why don't you just put a real IBM TR card in
>it?

If wants to attach to an existing Ethernet (*not* TR), IBM's only
supported interface ... is manufactured by UB.

					-=EPS=-