[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Netwatch

DMPM@DUKEMC.BITNET (James Dryfoos- PostMaster) (10/25/89)

I am interested in finding a NETWATCH program.
I liked the PCIP version could never get any of that system built.
Is ther a compiled version around that will run on either
the 3C503, 3C523 , or packet driver?  Do you have to have the whole PCIP
package to use it?
Is there another one around?

Also, I currently use the NCSA package, but am wondering how to get
the KA9Q package (or at least info about it).

If someone could tell me where to get a version of PCIP that is not huge
and difficult to compile I would appreciate that.  I tried several times
and never got close to being able to compile the massive thing.

Thanks

-Jim

rc@wyse.wyse.com (Ran-Chi Huang x2596 dept 302) (10/26/89)

In article <8910241517.aa01052@louie.udel.edu> DMPM@DUKEMC.BITNET (James Dryfoos- PostMaster) writes:
>I am interested in finding a NETWATCH program.
>I liked the PCIP version could never get any of that system built.
>Is ther a compiled version around that will run on either
>the 3C503, 3C523 , or packet driver?
>
>If someone could tell me where to get a version of PCIP that is not huge
>and difficult to compile I would appreciate that.  I tried several times
>and never got close to being able to compile the massive thing.

I got in to compile under MSC 5.0 without any problems and it runs
great ! However, I run this under 3C501 and am not too sure whether
this will suit your needs. If you need more information, please let
me know.

Cheers
Ran-Chi Huang			BELL:       (408) 473-2596
Wyse Technology M/S 302		DOMAIN:     rc@wyse.com OR postmaster@wyse.com
3471, N. First Street		UUCP:       ...!{uunet,decwrl}!wyse!rc
San Jose, CA 95134		ALTERNATE:  rc@caf.mit.edu