[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Best TCP/IP implementation?

hlison@bbn.com (Herb Lison) (12/05/89)

What are people's opinions about the best TCP/IP package
for MS-DOS, commercial or otherwise.  We have been using
the Sun PC-NFS package for a while, but there are periodic
hangups and applications using the socket libraries.  Anyone
care to offer any comments or recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

Herb Lison

manoj@excelan.COM (manoj @ Product Marketing) (12/07/89)

In article <13283@garnet.BBN.COM>, hlison@bbn.com (Herb Lison) writes:
> What are people's opinions about the best TCP/IP package
> for MS-DOS, commercial or otherwise.  We have been using
> the Sun PC-NFS package for a while, but there are periodic
> hangups and applications using the socket libraries.  Anyone
> care to offer any comments or recommendations?
>
> Herb Lison

There is a NFS for PC package from Beame & Whiteside that seems to be
faster, smaller and less expensive than the more popular packages in the
marketplace.. Check them out at (416) 648 6556.

Regards!
	                                 		+---+
	manoj goel, (408) 473-8369 			| +-+-+
	Product Marketing              			+-+-+ |
        Excelan/Novell, San Jose, CA 		 	  +---+
		When all else fails, read the instructions!
	                                 		+---+
	manoj goel,                                  	| +-+-+
	Product Marketing              			+-+-+ |
        Excelan/Novell, San Jose, CA 		 	  +---+
	(408) 473-8369 (voice) / 433-0775 (fax)
		When all else fails, read the instructions!

PCOLEMAN@MCMVM1.BITNET (Peter) (12/13/89)

Beame & Whiteside may be reached by sending mail to either Beame or
Whitesid at node McMaster.

Peter Coleman
CIS, Room 302D, Gilmour Hall,
McMaster University,                 PCOLEMAN@MCMVM1
Hamilton, Ont.  L8S 4L8              (416)525-9140 x 3856