[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] NCSA Telnet cursor key question

tom@dvnspc1.Dev.Unisys.COM (Tom Albrecht) (12/19/89)

I'm using NCSA Telnet 23beta and I can't seem to get the cursor keys to
work (i.e. generate VT100 codes).  When I use them, these are the
characters I get.

	up arrow    = 8
	down arrow  = 2
	left arrow  = 4
	right arrow = 6

I have a line

	keyfile=telnet.key

in my config.tel.

I tried modifying the telnet.key file, but no go.  Any suggestions?

--
Tom Albrecht

WARLICK@DUCVAX.AUBURN.EDU (Chuck Warlick) (12/19/89)

>I'm using NCSA Telnet 23beta and I can't seem to get the cursor keys to>
>work (i.e. generate VT100 codes).  When I use them, these are the
>characters I get.

>	up arrow    = 8
>	down arrow  = 2
>	left arrow  = 4
>	right arrow = 6

>I have a line

>	keyfile=telnet.key

>in my config.tel.

>I tried modifying the telnet.key file, but no go.  Any suggestions?

--
>Tom Albrecht
I have noticed that this version seems to make the numlock toggle at
times.  Try checking your numlock and see if that will fix the problem.

Chuck Warlick
Warlick@ducvax.auburn.edu

In article <862@dvnspc1.Dev.Unisys.COM>, tom@dvnspc1.Dev.Unisys.COM (Tom Albrecht) writes:
> I'm using NCSA Telnet 23beta and I can't seem to get the cursor keys to
> work (i.e. generate VT100 codes).  When I use them, these are the
> characters I get.

Nevermind ...

I just found out that NUM LOCK controls the cursor keys in Telnet.

--
Tom Albrecht