[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] IBM terminal emulator for TCP/IP

PVIAU@ESTEC.BITNET (01/12/90)

MSG:FROM: PVIAU   --ESTEC    TO: TCPIP   --EXTERNAL          90-01-12 10:00:33
 To: TCPIP   --EXTERNAL

 From: Pierre Viau WMS
 Subject: IBM terminal emulator for TCP/IP

 I'm currently experimenting the IBM 3270 terminal emulator tn3270 (which
 includes telnet) on SUN.

 It's working fine, the problem I have is that I was not able to find
 any keyboard mapping for SUNs in the release. I presently use it through
 a vt100tool !

 I would like to avoid spending time to create the map if it's already
 available somewhere.

 Am I blind or something (read: is it in the release ?) ?

 If yes, can somebody open my eyes ?

 If no, is there a chance to find a keyboard map for SUN3 and SUN4 somewhere ?

 Thanks, folks.

 End of Message
IBM terminal emulator for TCP/IP

BILLW@MATHOM.CISCO.COM (William Chops Westfield) (01/13/90)

tn3270 is a generic unix program, not something that was specially
written (or even re-written) for suns.  Thus running it through a
vt100tool is probably the correct method of operation...

BillW
-------