[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Token Ring packet driver

BHOLMES@WAYNEST1.BITNET (Brian Holmes) (01/10/90)

Has anyone been abe to get the Token Ring packet driver
to work on a non-microchannel machine?  I have no problem
getting it to work on a PS/2 50z, but it just hangs, like
it isn't using the correct interrupt, on an XT.

                        Brian Holmes
                        UCC Operating Systems & Communications

PHONE:    (313) 577-3750  FAX=577-5626          Wayne State University
BITNET:   BHOLMES@WAYNEST1                      5925 Woodward
INTERNET: BHOLMES@CMS.CC.WAYNE.EDU              Detroit, MI 48202  U.S.A

CSP1DWD@OAC.UCLA.EDU (Denis DeLaRoca 825-4580, 213) (01/10/90)

I can confirm that it does work on an AT type machine! Are you using
the correct ASI drivers, i.e. the IBM LAN Support Program Drivers?
The current version of the Token Ring Packet Driver, unless patched,
had difficulties with the older IBM TOKREUI device driver.

-- Denis

brian@THUMPER.CC.WAYNE.EDU (Brian_Holmes) (01/12/90)

Well, I was able to get the TR packet driver to work on an
IBM AT machine, but still no luck on an identically configured
IBM XT.  The AT has an IBM TR adapter II, while the XT only
has a regular IBM TR adapter.  FYI

sproule@purt1.Princeton.EDU (William J. Jr. Sproule) (01/19/90)

In article <86@thumper.cc.wayne.edu>, brian@THUMPER.CC.WAYNE.EDU
(Brian_Holmes) writes:
> Well, I was able to get the TR packet driver to work on an
> IBM AT machine, but still no luck on an identically configured
> IBM XT.  The AT has an IBM TR adapter II, while the XT only
> has a regular IBM TR adapter.  FYI

I, too, am trying to get the TR packet driver to work on an
IBM XT (DOS 3.3, IBM TR adapter).  The packet driver will start,
and display:

initializing the adapter
opening the adapter

the mau will click, wait about 15-20 seconds and click again
(indicating the adapter is being opened ??) and then the
pc will lock up.  the XT is the older model (old style keyboard)
i have not tried this on an AT or PS/2.  i also tried setting
stacks=9,512 in my config.sys.

I would appreciate ANY help!

thanks,

Bill Sproule - Networking - Princeton University
sproule@idunno.Princeton.EDU
sproule@pucc.BITNET
609-258-6089