[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] NCSA Telnet Problem

KELLY@DCSPROD.BYU.EDU ("Kelly C. McDonald") (02/01/90)

Econfig is only necessary on the server, since the BYU shell already sends
out type 8137 ethernet packets.

In article <5612@udccvax1.acs.udel.EDU> 00499@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Ken Weaverling) writes:
>I am not so ready to blame the NCSA software for the hang ups though. We
>also run another software package from Locus on the same PCs. That software
>will not work at all after an NCSA session but the reverse *seems* to be OK.
>I have the PCs auto-reboot after a NCSA session, but not after a session with
>the Locus software. This may be *my* problem.

Hint:  Log out of the PCI connection before you run telnet.

	After running telnet, run "pcinit"; you can then use the PCI again.
	No reboot is needed.

It works for us here....

We did have the lockup problem if we forgot to log out before running
telnet.

--
Karl Denninger (karl@ddsw1.MCS.COM, <well-connected>!ddsw1!karl)
Public Access Data Line: [+1 708 566-8911], Voice: [+1 708 566-8910]