[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Any TCP API's for OS/2 V 1.2?

rhoda@mercury.sybase.com (Rhoda Neimand) (03/20/90)

In article <542@janus.Quotron.com> todd@janus.Quotron.com (Todd Booth) writes:

>Are there any OS/2 V 1.2 TCP/IP products that include a programmer's
>API?  (just TCP API is fine).  (I'm looking for a true TCP under
>OS/2, not for TCP via a gateway.)
>
>Thanks in advance, --todd

If you mean a sockets API, Excelan (Novell) has a product called The Lan
Workplace for OS/2.  It has a Development Kit which provides a sockets
DLL.  I've used it and it works fine.

3COM has a product called 3+Open for TCP/IP.  It also has an OS/2 development
kit that provides a sockets static library.  However, it is currently in
BETA.

Rhoda Neimand			                  [I speak for myself]
{sun,lll-tis,pyramid,pacbell}!sybase!rhoda -or- rhoda@sybase.com
"I didn't want to, Jim"		  Mr. Spock in _This Side Of Paradise_

yozzo@larouch.uucp (Ralph Yozzo) (04/10/90)

In article <542@janus.Quotron.com> todd@janus.Quotron.com (Todd Booth) writes:
>Hi.
>
>Are there any OS/2 V 1.2 TCP/IP products that include a programmer's
>API?  (just TCP API is fine).  (I'm looking for a true TCP under
>OS/2, not for TCP via a gateway.)
>
>I think IBM's OS/2 TCP/IP has an API.  Does anyone know where is
>was developed?
>
>Thanks in advance, --todd

IBM has recently announced TCP/IP  for OS/2.
This includes a programmers interface and

a telnet server, telnet client, sendmail, ftp server
ftp client, rexec, talk server , talk, ping, rexecd and much more.

==Ralph E. Yozzo ==
==Arpanet: yozzo@ibm.com==
==Bitnet: yozzo@yktvmx.bitnet==
==Home: ..!uunet!bywater!acheron!larouch!yozzo ===Ph:(914)945-3634 or 564-4731