[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] FTP Problem: PS/2-to-Spartacus

ctw@aerospace.aero.org (Charles T. Wolverton) (05/27/90)

Would appreciate help with the following problem.

The players:

PCs running Hughes LAN Sys (nee Sytek) LINC/TCP v.2.03 (or maybe 2.02
- don't ask why I'm not sure!); Fibronics Spartacus TCP front-end
for IBM 3090.

Scene 1:  FTP a 1420 byte file FROM a non-PS/2 AT TO the "IBM", i.e,
the Spartacus; it works, but a SNIFFER dump shows two packets with the
whole file - one without the FIN bit set, then an exact repeat
except with the FIN bit set.

Scene 2: FTP a short file, ~70 bytes FROM a PS/2-70 to the "IBM"; it
works, but with the same double-packet feature.

Scene 3: FTP the 1420 byte file from the PS/2-70; doesn't work; the
PS/2 issues the STOR command, _then_repeats_it_immediately_; the "IBM"
opens the data connection - it SYNs, the PS/2 SYN-ACKs, the IBM ACKs,
and the PS/2 does _nothing_; after about 50 sec, the PS/2 does a RESET
and the "IBM" closes the connection.

Known bug?? Bad parameter settings?? Operator error?? Any ideas??

Thanks in advance.

-charlie

--
***  Charles T. Wolverton    *****  Aerospace Corporation  ***