[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] NFS Server for OS/2 TCP/IP?

mshiels@tmsoft.uucp (Michael A. Shiels) (05/31/90)

Are any of the OS/2 TCP/IP vendors including a NFS Server?  Would allow
SUNS/VAXs etc to access all sorts of PC Devices such as CD/Worm etc.

dave@WUBIOS.WUSTL.EDU (Dave Camp) (05/31/90)

>Are any of the OS/2 TCP/IP vendors including a NFS Server?  Would allow
>SUNS/VAXs etc to access all sorts of PC Devices such as CD/Worm etc.

There is a Dos-based product called SOS (Stan's Own Server).  It takes
over the entire PC, so no other jobs can be run simultaneously.  It is
available from csam.lbl.gov via anonymous ftp.  I also have a copy, so
if you cannot ftp, I will send it via mailsplit.  -David-

p.s.  It requires Sun PC-NFS.

Internet: david%wubios@wugate.wustl.edu     ^      Mr. David J. Camp
uucp: ...!uunet!wugate!wubios!david       < * >    Box 8067, Biostatistics
Washington University (314) 36-23635        v      660 South Euclid Avenue
"Depend on God, who has dominion."                 Saint Louis, MO 63110

In article <9005311012.AA18707@wubios.wustl.edu> dave@WUBIOS.WUSTL.EDU (Dave Camp) writes:

   >Are any of the OS/2 TCP/IP vendors including a NFS Server?  Would allow
   >SUNS/VAXs etc to access all sorts of PC Devices such as CD/Worm etc.

   There is a Dos-based product called SOS (Stan's Own Server).  It takes
   over the entire PC, so no other jobs can be run simultaneously.  It is
   available from csam.lbl.gov via anonymous ftp.  I also have a copy, so
   if you cannot ftp, I will send it via mailsplit.  -David-

   p.s.  It requires Sun PC-NFS.

A version of sos that uses the packet drivers is on sun.soe.clarkson.edu:
pub/ka9q/sos_pkt.exe.  Source is in pcip_sos.arc.  I haven't tried running
this, so you're on your own.

--
--russ (nelson@clutx [.bitnet | .clarkson.edu])  Russ.Nelson@$315.268.6667
Violence never solves problems, it just changes them into more subtle problems