[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Synoptics

meggers@mothra.nts.uci.edu (Mark Eggers) (06/06/90)

Can the packet driver be used with Synoptics cards ?

If so, which packet driver should be used?

Thanks - Mark Eggers, Network Communications Analyst, UCI

/mde/

fks@VAX.FTP.COM (Frances Selkirk) (06/07/90)

To the best of our knowledge, there is no packet driver for Synoptics
cards. No one has registered a type for one, and a person I spoke to
at Synoptics did not know of any, nor of any plans to write one.

								-Frances

In article <9006071244.AA14949@vax.ftp.com> fks@VAX.FTP.COM (Frances Selkirk) writes:

   To the best of our knowledge, there is no packet driver for Synoptics
   cards. No one has registered a type for one, and a person I spoke to
   at Synoptics did not know of any, nor of any plans to write one.

That's too bad.  You won't find *me* buying any Synoptics cards...

--
--russ (nelson@clutx [.bitnet | .clarkson.edu])  Russ.Nelson@$315.268.6667
Violence never solves problems, it just changes them into more subtle problems

meggers@mothra.nts.uci.edu (Mark Eggers) (06/08/90)

Thanks for everyone's input.  Now to convince the powers that be . . .

Fortunately there is another twisted pair Ethernet vendor that has a packet
driver . . . .

/mde/

jbreeden@netcom.UUCP (John Breeden) (06/08/90)

In article <9006071244.AA14949@vax.ftp.com> fks@VAX.FTP.COM (Frances Selkirk) writes:

>To the best of our knowledge, there is no packet driver for Synoptics
>cards. No one has registered a type for one, and a person I spoke to
>at Synoptics did not know of any, nor of any plans to write one.
>
>								-Frances

The 3Com 3C503/TP (twisted pair) can be configured for either Synoptic's
propriatory protocol (Lattisnet) or IEEE 10baseT Draft10 and it's supported
via the packet drivers (3c503.com).

--
 John Robert Breeden,
 netcom!jbreeden@apple.com, apple!netcom!jbreeden, ATTMAIL:!jbreeden