[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Telnet 2.2D Print-Scrn and DOS 4

hhp00389@ucsd.edu (06/25/90)

NCSA Telnet 2.3b8 (out on Friday of this week) will fix the Print Screen
problem, and using the page up and page down keys may help ease your dislike of
the way the SCROLL LOCK now works.

Quincey Koziol
Programmer
NCSA

koziol@ncsa.uiuc.edu

granroth@ucsd.edu (06/26/90)

In article <495.268572a1@iowasp.physics.uiowa.edu>, granroth@iowasp.physics.uiowa.edu writes:
> Help!  I just "upgraded" to DOS 4.01 (to collect the free space on my
> various partitions into one useable chunk) and suddenly I've lost the
> Print-Scrn capability with (Clarkson modified) NCSA Telnet 2.2D.
> (It now sends an asterisk instead of doing a Print-Scrn.)

Hmmmm . . .  I don't know whether it was removing EMM386 or installing
SHARE, but suddenly things began to work today.  (Fortunately, I got
QEMM 386 to work again, too.)

In other words:  Never mind.

-Larry    Granroth@IowaSP.physics.UIowa.edu    IOWASP::GRANROTH

(looking forward to NCSA 2.3b8 this Friday . . .)

ALVES@ALISUVAX.BITNET (Luis Alves) (07/01/90)

>NCSA Telnet 2.3b8 (out on Friday of this week) will fix the Print Screen
>problem, and using the page up and page down keys may help ease your dislike of
>the way the SCROLL LOCK now works.
>
>Quincey Koziol
>Programmer
>NCSA
>
>koziol@ncsa.uiuc.edu

        Where is the new version going to come out (FTP address) ? Also, what
are the files I need to get and where are they (directories) ?
        Thanks !

Regards,

Luis Alves       |Tel.: (515)294-7947 or (515)294-3887
29 Spedding Hall |Bitnet: ALVES@ALISUVAX.BITNET
Ames Lab - ISU   |Internet: ALVES@ALISUVAX.BITNET%VAXLC.AL.IASTATE.EDU
Ames, IA 50011   |Fax: (515)294-3226
U.S.A.           |Telex: (515)294-5662

DATE SENT:  1-JUL-1990 11:01:46

hhp00389@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (07/02/90)

I have just posted the new beta version of NCSA Telnet, see my note in this
very notesfile...

Quincey Koziol	:-)
Programmer
NCSA