dzoey@TERMINUS.UMD.EDU (07/09/90)

From: Ron Tipton <swrinde!zaphod.mps.ohio-state.edu!samsung!emory!utkcs2!uther@ucsd.edu>

> If not, has anyone had experience with a terminal emulation package that
> uses Int14 and supports Textronix 4270?

I've used a Tektronix emulator by Microport (614-882-4786) called PC
Plot IV, which emulates a Tek4105.  They have PC Plot V out that does a
tek4207.  I have been pleased with their product and support.  Either of
these packages can be configured to use INT14.

The INT 14 interceptor I used was comtcp which is used with the MD-DOSIP
package available via wiscware to educational sites.  I believe FTP Inc
also offers an int14 interceptor.

                            Hope this helps,
                            Joe Herman
                            U. of Md.

Disclaimer: I worked on the MD-DOSIP code.

dzoey@terminus.umd.edu

manoj@excelan.COM (manoj @ Prod Mktg) (07/11/90)

In article <1990Jul9.145148.1811@cs.utk.edu>, uther@utkux1.utk.edu (Ron Tipton) writes:
> Hi,
Does anyone know of a TCP package that would solve his problem?
  If not, has anyone
> had experience with a terminal emulation package that uses Int14 and supports
> Textronix 4270?  Is Wollongong's WIN/TCP for DOS the only TCP package
> that supports Int14?

Novell's LAN WORKPLACE for DOS also supports Int14, Int6B and extended Int14
and there are a number of 3rd party terminal emulation vendors that provide
Tek emulation ( i am not sure if they do 4270)

	manoj goel,                             	0 0
        Product Marketing                        	 ^
        Novell/Excelan Inc., San Jose, CA            	\_/
  (408) 473-8369 (voice) / 433-0775 (fax)     Internet: manoj@novell.com
	"For every vision, there is an equal but opposite revision"