[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] TCP-IP SOFTWARE VENDORS

ericd@ms.uky.edu (Eric B. Durbin) (07/13/90)

Can anyone send me names of vendors/suppliers for TCP-IP software for
DOS PC's including addresses and telephone numbers?

In particular I'd like to get info about products from FTP Software,
Woolongong, and any others.

Many thanks in advance.

Eric

--
[]  Eric B. Durbin  (606) 257-4581      []                 ericd@ms.uky.edu  []
[]  University of Kentucky              []                ericd@UKMA.BITNET  []

bob@MorningStar.Com (Bob Sutterfield) (07/14/90)

In article <15634@s.ms.uky.edu> ericd@ms.uky.edu (Eric B. Durbin) writes:
   Can anyone send me names of vendors/suppliers for TCP-IP software
   for DOS PC's including addresses and telephone numbers?

Use FTP to nic.ddn.mil to get the file netinfo:vendors-guide.doc.
It's the definitive reference, updated every six months or so.

DH01@POLYTEC1.BITNET (Bodzio Dlugogorski) (07/14/90)

> Can anyone send me names of vendors/suppliers for TCP-IP software for
> DOS PC's including addresses and telephone numbers?
>
> In particular I'd like to get info about products from FTP Software,
> Woolongong, and any others.

   You may FTP vendors guide from sri-nic.arpa. The guide can be
found in directory NETINFO (type: get NETINFO:VENDORS-GUIDE.DOC)
and includes not only PC based TCP/IP but also TCP/IP implementations
for other systems with addresses, telephones, and much more; it has
600 pages. If you have problems in getting the guide, please give
me a shout, and I'll send you my copy.

  Regards,
                Bogdan

  Bogdan Z. Dlugogorski
  Ecole Polytechnique (Genie Chimique)    phone: +1 514 340-4267
  Case Postale 6079, succ. A
  Montreal, Quebec, H3C 3A7          e-mail: dh01@polytec.bitnet
  Canada