[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] telnet/ftp that can run scripts?

sob@harvisr.harvard.edu (Scott Bradner) (07/16/90)

In order to migrate a modem application into a network environment I am
looking for a version of telnet/ftp that can run scripts (like the pc based
assync terminal emulators do).  I'd like to find something for both the pc
& mac machines.   Any ideas?

Scott Bradner
Harvard University
sob@harvard.edu

kdb@macaw.intercon.com (Kurt Baumann) (07/17/90)

In article <3502@husc6.harvard.edu>, sob@harvisr.harvard.edu (Scott Bradner)
writes:
> In order to migrate a modem application into a network environment I am
> looking for a version of telnet/ftp that can run scripts (like the pc based
> assync terminal emulators do).  I'd like to find something for both the pc
> & mac machines.   Any ideas?
>
> Scott Bradner
> Harvard University
> sob@harvard.edu

We have a product that allows the use of MicroPhone II on the Mac over a
telnet session.  Using our software (InterCon Telnet Driver) with MicroPhone
II will allow you to use MicroPhone's scripting capabilities over TCP/IP.

I am not aware at this point of any other solutions to this problem on the
Mac.

Most PC vendors give terminal emulation programs a way to connect into telnet
via interrupts.  With this capability you could find a good/compatable terminal
emulation package on the PC that had scripting ability.

Hope this helps.
--
InterCon Systems Corporation
703.709.9890

cjdb@midway.uchicago.edu (Charles Blair) (07/17/90)

In article <26A20784.1240@intercon.com> kdb@macaw.intercon.com (Kurt Baumann) writes:
>[...]
>We have a product that allows the use of MicroPhone II on the Mac over a
>telnet session.  Using our software (InterCon Telnet Driver) with MicroPhone
>II will allow you to use MicroPhone's scripting capabilities over TCP/IP.
>
>I am not aware at this point of any other solutions to this problem on the
>Mac.

A similar product is available for VersaTerm. Send me e-mail if you
want details; I don't have them readily available.

--
Bitnet:                 pmrcjdb@uchimvs1
Internet:       cjdb@midway.uchicago.edu