[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] IBMTOKEN & IBM DOS 4.00

fleming@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (07/27/90)

	How do I get IBMTOKEN to work under DOS 4.00???  If I boot the same
	machine with DOS 3.3, it all works fine, so I'm assuming its the OS
	that's the problem.

	IBMTOKEN tells me that the card is already in use, and to reboot
	the computer.  If I use a virginal CONFIG.SYS, and run nothing
	before IBMTOKEN in AUTOEXEC.BAT - I still get the prob under 4.00.

	Thanks for any help!

	Declan

MARC@unb.ca (07/27/90)

On  Thu, 26 Jul 90 13:26:00 EDT  fleming@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>        How do I get IBMTOKEN to work under DOS 4.00???  If I boot the
> same machine with DOS 3.3, it all works fine, so I'm assuming its the
> OS that's the problem.
>
>        IBMTOKEN tells me that the card is already in use, and to
> reboot the computer.  If I use a virginal CONFIG.SYS, and run nothing
>        before IBMTOKEN in AUTOEXEC.BAT - I still get the prob under 4.
> 00.

 You have to load the LAN Support Programs from CONFIG.SYS before

marc

Marc Levesque                   Telephone:  (506) 453-4573
Computing Services
PO Box 4400                     Netnorth/Bitnet:  MARC@UNB.CA
University of New Brunswick
Fredericton, NB
Canada   E3A 5A3

medici@elbereth.rutgers.edu (Mark Medici) (07/31/90)

In article <13200010@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> fleming@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>	How do I get IBMTOKEN to work under DOS 4.00???  If I boot the same
>	machine with DOS 3.3, it all works fine, so I'm assuming its the OS
>	that's the problem.
>
>	IBMTOKEN tells me that the card is already in use, and to reboot
>	the computer.  If I use a virginal CONFIG.SYS, and run nothing
>	before IBMTOKEN in AUTOEXEC.BAT - I still get the prob under 4.00.

Assuming that you have IBM Token-Ring Adapters and version 1.1 of the
Network Support Programs (DXM?0MOD.SYS), check for the following:

   If you are using the Network Support Program DXMT0MOD.SYS, make
   sure that the first parameter is O=N (that is the letter "o").
   This prevents DXMT0MOD.SYS from opening the adapter which would
   cause the error message.

   Otherwise, make sure that you load IBMTOKEN before NetBios or
   IPX.COM in your AUTOEXEC.BAT.

These are the two most common errors I've come accross.

Mark Medici/SysProg3 * Rutgers University/CCIS * medici@elbereth.rutgers.edu