[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Rpacket driver for Gateway Ethernet boards

donna@asylum.SF.CA.US (Donna McMaster) (08/02/90)

leads?

Thanks,

Donna

--
--------------------
Donna McMaster, DAVID Systems

jbvb@VAX.FTP.COM ("James B. Van Bokkelen") (08/03/90)

Have you asked Gateway?  They sell a version of PC/TCP with a Packet Driver
for their Ethernet cards, so I know one exists.

James B. VanBokkelen		26 Princess St., Wakefield, MA  01880
FTP Software Inc.		voice: (617) 246-0900  fax: (617) 246-0901

erick@sunee.waterloo.edu (Erick Engelke) (08/07/90)

In article <9008031435.AA01392@vax.ftp.com> jbvb@vax.ftp.com writes:
>Have you asked Gateway?  They sell a version of PC/TCP with a Packet Driver
>for their Ethernet cards, so I know one exists.

I have Gateway's driver but I recommend against using it.  The 16 bit Gateway
card has a fraction of the performance of even the 8 bit Western Digital card
when using the packet driver software.

Maybe someone from Gateway would like to offer a new driver which does the card
justice.

Erick Engelke
Network System Manager
Faculty of Engineering