[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Help me with KA9Q connection.

tim@j.cc.purdue.edu (Timothym. Lange) (08/14/90)

I have Phil Karn's NET.EXE (KA9Q) setup on my PC.  When I try to FTP
to it from my Unix account I get an immediate 'connection refused'
message.  However, I can Ping to my PC from my Unix system.  I can
FTP and Telnet out from KA9Q to any machine in my Domain.Txt file
even if they are on a different subnet than I.  I cannot access any
machine not in the Domain.Txt file even though my router is a
nameserver.  My router is NOT the KA9Q program but an NSC router on
my subnet.  The first thing I would like to work is making KA9Q make
my PC a FTP server.  Any ideas??

Tim.
--
Tim Lange.

Purdue U. Computing Center/ENAD Bldg./W. Lafayette, IN  47907/317-494-1787
Arpanet=tim@cc.purdue.edu  Bitnet=TIM@PURCCVM  CIS=75410,525  AMA#219201

In article <11303@j.cc.purdue.edu> tim@j.cc.purdue.edu (Timothym. Lange) writes:

   I have Phil Karn's NET.EXE (KA9Q) setup on my PC.  When I try to FTP
   to it from my Unix account I get an immediate 'connection refused'
   message.

Sounds like you need a "start ftp" in your autoexec.net, which will
start the FTP server listening to the FTP port.

--
--russ (nelson@clutx [.bitnet | .clarkson.edu])  Russ.Nelson@$315.268.6667
We won the cold war.  The Russians spent trillions defending their stuff,

jal@acc (John Lauro) (08/14/90)

In article <11303@j.cc.purdue.edu> tim@j.cc.purdue.edu (Timothy Lange) writes:
>I have Phil Karn's NET.EXE (KA9Q) setup on my PC.  When I try to FTP
>to it from my Unix account I get an immediate 'connection refused'
>message.  However, I can Ping to my PC from my Unix system.  I can
>FTP and Telnet out from KA9Q to any machine in my Domain.Txt file
>even if they are on a different subnet than I.  I cannot access any
>machine not in the Domain.Txt file even though my router is a
>nameserver.  My router is NOT the KA9Q program but an NSC router on
>my subnet.  The first thing I would like to work is making KA9Q make
>my PC a FTP server.  Any ideas??
>
>Tim.
>--
>Tim Lange.
>
>Purdue U. Computing Center/ENAD Bldg./W. Lafayette, IN  47907/317-494-1787
>Arpanet=tim@cc.purdue.edu  Bitnet=TIM@PURCCVM  CIS=75410,525  AMA#219201

To get FTP to work you need to do a:
   start ftp
To get nameservices to work, you need to tell ka9q who to use.
   domain addserver ....

   - John_Lauro@ub.cc.umich.edu