[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] PC-NFS / XTREE hangs

was@gdwb.oz.au (Warren Stokes) (08/22/90)

I am running PC-NFS 3.0.1 (with standard and ka9q packet drivers)
and MSDOS 3.3 on Compaq 286/386 machines.  Since installing PC-NFS
we are having intermittent hangs when exitting from XTREE.  Does
anyone know of a problem of XTREE (or PC-NFS) misbehaving when
playing together?  Does anyone know of PC-NFS 3.0.1 hanging at any time??

Thanks
Warren Stokes
Geelong and District Water Board

ben@val.com (Ben Thornton) (08/24/90)

was@gdwb.oz.au (Warren Stokes) writes:

>I am running PC-NFS 3.0.1 (with standard and ka9q packet drivers)
>and MSDOS 3.3 on Compaq 286/386 machines.  Since installing PC-NFS
>we are having intermittent hangs when exitting from XTREE.  Does
>anyone know of a problem of XTREE (or PC-NFS) misbehaving when
>playing together?  Does anyone know of PC-NFS 3.0.1 hanging at any time??

We are having worse trouble with XTREE PRO GOLD and PC-NFS 3.0.1 (not
using clarkson drivers).  The machine simply hangs when one executes
XTREE at all.  My machine is a PC's Limited 286/12 with 2MB of extended
memory and DOS 3.3.  I, too, would like to know of any possible solutions
to this problem.  It smells like a broke system call to me, but it's hard
to tell...

--
This is MY opinion.  My employer can't have any of it....  So there.
Ben Thornton             packet:  WD5HLS @ KB5PM   Internet:  ben@val.com

root@leuze.UUCP (Operator) (08/27/90)

was@gdwb.oz.au (Warren Stokes) writes:

>I am running PC-NFS 3.0.1 (with standard and ka9q packet drivers)
>and MSDOS 3.3 on Compaq 286/386 machines.  Since installing PC-NFS
>we are having intermittent hangs when exitting from XTREE.  Does
>anyone know of a problem of XTREE (or PC-NFS) misbehaving when
>playing together?  Does anyone know of PC-NFS 3.0.1 hanging at any time??

XTREE does not work with network drives. Use XTREE Pro or XTREE Gold !
:
 |     snail-mail:                                                            |
 |     Techn. EDV                        email: root@leuze-owen.de            |
 |     Leuze electronic, Abt. TDV        old:   ..uunet!unido!leuze!root      |
 |     In der Braike 1                          root@leuze.UUCP               |
 |     D7311 Owen / Teck                 fax:   (49)7021/573200               |
 |     West - Germany                                                         |

desh@watserv1.waterloo.edu (Desh D. Sharma) (08/27/90)

In article <433@rome.gdwb.oz.au> was@gdwb.oz.au (Warren Stokes) writes:
> I am running PC-NFS 3.0.1 (with standard and ka9q packet drivers)
> and MSDOS 3.3 on Compaq 286/386 machines.

Just curious. What is the difference between standard and ka9q packet drivers?
I have been trying to get my Gateway G/Ethernet card to work with NCSA for the
longest time using the packet driver supplied by the company. Needless to say
I have been unsuccessful. However it has worked fine with ka9q from day 1.

....desh
--
-=-=-=-=
Desh D. Sharma, Arts Computing Office, Univ. of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON. CANADA