[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Packet Drivers and Netbios - Anyone got a driver?

karl@naitc.NAITC.COM (Karl Denninger) (09/14/90)

Hi there!

Does anyone have a driver to work with the packet drivers (Clarkson) and
give Netbios capabilities?  We require these for our network, and are
wondering... are we gonna end up writing something?

Karl Denninger	AC Nielsen
kdenning@ksun.naitc.com
(708) 317-3285
Disclaimer:  Contents represent opinions of the author; I do not speak for
	     AC Nielsen on Usenet.

ebmeyer@sms351.UUCP (R. Ebmeyer) (09/19/90)

karl@naitc.NAITC.COM (Karl Denninger) writes:

>Hi there!

>Does anyone have a driver to work with the packet drivers (Clarkson) and
>give Netbios capabilities?  We require these for our network, and are
>wondering... are we gonna end up writing something?

>--
>Karl Denninger	AC Nielsen
>kdenning@ksun.naitc.com
>(708) 317-3285
>Disclaimer:  Contents represent opinions of the author; I do not speak for
>	     AC Nielsen on Usenet.

My driver works fine! It ist available on SIMTEL20.

Directory PD1:<MSDOS.WINDOWS3>
 Filename   Type Length   Date   Description
W3PKTDR2.ZIP  B   72532  900726  TCP/IP packet drivers for MS Windows 3
--
#  Reinhard Ebmeyer     #  Usenet  USA: -> ebmeyer.pad@nixdorf.com  #
#  Nixdorf Computer AG  #  outside USA: -> ebmeyer.pad@nixdorf.de   #

jbvb@FTP.COM ("James B. Van Bokkelen") (09/21/90)

    >Does anyone have a driver to work with the packet drivers (Clarkson) and
    >give Netbios capabilities? ...

    My driver works fine! It ist available on SIMTEL20.

The original post isn't clear; One meaning could be "IP packets inside
Netbios datagrams", which Wollongong offers.  Another could be "Netbios
using TCP/IP as a transport according to RFCs 1001 & 1002", which is
available from Ungermann-Bass, Excelan, 3Com, FTP Software and Wollongong
(but only FTP Software and Wollongong support it over Packet Drivers).

James B. VanBokkelen		26 Princess St., Wakefield, MA  01880
FTP Software Inc.		voice: (617) 246-0900  fax: (617) 246-0901