[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] ARCNET PD and PCROUTE

BOESHAAR@SUVM.BITNET (David Boeshaar) (09/24/90)

I'm trying to get PCROUTE working with two packet drivers to get TCP/IP
services over ARCNET. Here is my AUTOEXEC.BAT:

echo off
cls
arcnet 0x60 2 0x2e0 0xd000
pause
wd8003e 0x61 3 0x360 0xd800
pause
pcroute

*BUT* I never get past the ARCNET command! It always reports:

   Initialization Failed!
   Packet Driver failed to initialize card

and I'm dead! WAH! I've tried SMC and TC ARcnet cards, old and new SMC's
and the system runs std IPX just fine. In fact, I get the files to test
from the network and re-boot. I've tried version 6.0 and 7.0 of the ARCNET
packet driver.

Running REAL 6mhz PC AT w/ 640K ram, 1 floppy DOS 3.3 files=30 buffers=20
DANG! Any help?

David K. Boeshaar  BOESHAAR@SUVM.bitnet or @suvm.acs.syr.edu
Academic Computing Services, Syracuse University
120 Hinds Hall, Syracuse, NY 13244-1190 | (315) 443-3166

jbreeden@netcom.UUCP (John Breeden) (09/24/90)

In article <9009231705.aa17294@louie.udel.edu> BOESHAAR@SUVM.BITNET (David Boeshaar) writes:
>I'm trying to get PCROUTE working with two packet drivers to get TCP/IP
>services over ARCNET.
>
>*BUT* I never get past the ARCNET command!
>
>and I'm dead! WAH! I've tried SMC and TC ARcnet cards, old and new SMC's
>and the system runs std IPX just fine. In fact, I get the files to test
>from the network and re-boot. I've tried version 6.0 and 7.0 of the ARCNET
>packet driver.

Why not use ipxpkt.com if you are running Netware on the arcnet? Like this:

echo off
cls
ipx
net3
ipxpkt 0x60
pause
wd8003e 0x61 3 0x360 0xd800
pause
pcroute

1. Disadvantage: You need to run Netware and ipxpkt on all arcnet nodes (ip
is incapsulated in ipx).

2. Advantage: It goes through Netware bridges.
--
 John Robert Breeden,
 netcom!jbreeden@apple.com, apple!netcom!jbreeden, ATTMAIL:!jbreeden