[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Repeated messages on pcip list

IJAH400@INDYVAX.IUPUI.EDU ("James A. Harvey") (10/11/90)

In message <9010101907.AA03022@zsun.cam.nist.gov> IN%"warman@zsun.cam.nist.gov"
  "Jane Warman x3767" writes:

[pcip list message that Ms. Warman has seen bouncing around in a BITNET
redistribution of the pcip list deleted]

>Someone should shut this person off the network.  I have gotten at least 20
>copies of his same message and it is getting old.

No, judging from the headers some yokel has started a feedback loop in the
BITNET redistribution of the pcip list that you happen to subscribe through.
Don't blame it on this guy; his message just happens to be caught in the loop.

Explain the problem to the postmaster at your site and ask him/her to get the
problem corrected.  Usually the sites listed in the "Comments: Warning --
original Sender:" headers would be the ones for your postmaster to contact
first.  It's impossible to tell without *all* of the headers.

Replies to me direct please; mail problem discussions don't belong on *this*
list (at least not problems not involving PCs and SMTP :-)...

Jim Harvey  (317) 274-0747  FAX (317) 274-0776  | IJAH400@INDYVAX.IUPUI.EDU
IUPUI Computing Services, DEC Systems Group     | BITNET:   IJAH400@INDYVAX
799 W Michigan St. ET1023 Indpls, IN 46202-5160 | uucp:...!iuvax!ivax!ijah400
Like Yoda, backwards searching for solution empirical to problem halting it was