[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] 3COM and 10BaseT

CEARLEY_K%UMS@vaxf.colorado.edu (10/16/90)

Hi! We're considering 3Com's 503TP, its 10BaseT implementation of the
503. Does 10BaseT require any modification to the 503 drivers? That is,
software that can run on the 3C503, will it still work with the 3C503TP?

Also, any recommendations on the most cost effective repeater for
extending TP in this configuration?

Any assistance on this greatly appreciated!

		Thanks!

		Kent Cearley
		University of Colorado

jbreeden@netcom.UUCP (John Breeden) (10/18/90)

In article <4E0988AAC000004D@VAXF.COLORADO.EDU> CEARLEY_K%UMS@vaxf.colorado.edu writes:
>Hi! We're considering 3Com's 503TP, its 10BaseT implementation of the
>503. Does 10BaseT require any modification to the 503 drivers? That is,
>software that can run on the 3C503, will it still work with the 3C503TP?

All the drivers for the 503 work with the 503TP. The only thing to watch
for is setting up the card to talk through the AUI or wire port.

--
 John Robert Breeden,
 netcom!jbreeden@apple.com, apple!netcom!jbreeden, ATTMAIL:!jbreeden

samson@susie.cs.scarolina.edu (Kenneth Samson) (10/24/90)

Does anyone know anything about 3COM 3c505 ethernet boards??  The BBS I am in
charge of currently recieved an old 3c505 from the CS department.  The
BBS is on a PC 286 10mHz machince.  The only problem is that I don't have
any drivers or documents for the card.  I would like to set-up the system
to allow the users on the modem to access the ethernet and read news or
transfer files.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
   Ken Samson

Kenneth Samson        | internet: samson%hobbes@usceast.cs.scarolina.edu -or-
SysOp of USC-East BBS |           samson%calvin@usceast.cs.scarolina.edu
         University of South Carolina - Home of the Fighting GameCocks