[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] Request for NNTP client for FTP's PC/TCP

tony@scotty.dccs.upenn.edu (Anthony Olejnik) (11/02/90)

Does anyone know of a newsreader (NNTP client) that works on top
of FTP Software's PC/TCP kernal?

If so, could you please forward the info to me.

Thanks in advance.

--tony

latzko@dorm.rutgers.edu (Alexander Latzko) (11/02/90)

tony@scotty.dccs.upenn.edu (Anthony Olejnik) writes:
>Does anyone know of a newsreader (NNTP client) that works on top
>of FTP Software's PC/TCP kernal?
>Thanks in advance.
>--tony
Well.  I don't know if this fully constitues an answer, but.  As part of
another project at Rutgers the public domain news reader red ( part of pcip )
was maligned into working with the FTP kernel.

I don't want to let it out into massive distribution quite yet but if you
want a copy to play with (or upto the first 20 requests) should send me mail.

alex
latzko@hardees.rutgers.edu
{backbone}!rutgers!hardees.rutgers.edu!latzko
latzko@zodiac.bitnet

jim@dorm.rutgers.edu (Jim Martin) (11/03/90)

tony@scotty.dccs.upenn.edu (Anthony Olejnik) writes:

>Does anyone know of a newsreader (NNTP client) that works on top
>of FTP Software's PC/TCP kernal?

>If so, could you please forward the info to me.

>Thanks in advance.

>--tony

	Just a few weeks ago, I finished porting a very rudimentry
NNTP newsreader to the FTP libraries. I've shipped it off to FTP inc,
and you'll probably see it in release 2.06. If you're anxious to have
something, let me know, and I'll try to get it to ya.
					Jim