Date:         Thu, 01 Nov 90 09:22:33 PLT
From:         "James N. Petersen" <SCEF0003@WSUVM1>
Subject:      Mail packages to use with Win/TCP & Pathway Client NFS for DOS

I am planning on purchasing the above packages, but have noted that
they have very poor mail handling facilities.  It appears that they can
only originate mail, but not do things like reply to incomming messages, etc.
Your sales person suggested cc:mail.  Has this product been
tested and known to work with your products?  The people at cc:mail said
they thought it only worked with FTP software's product.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Jim

ljm@TWG.COM (11/08/90)

James,

>I recently sent the following note to the only person at Wollongong whom
>I have seen respond to questions on this list...

Sorry, my direct reply failed to reach you and I hadn't tried to reply
via the mailing list.

>I am planning on purchasing the above packages, but have noted that
>they have very poor mail handling facilities.  It appears that they can
>only originate mail, but not do things like reply to incomming messages, etc.
>Your sales person suggested cc:mail.  Has this product been
>tested and known to work with your products?  The people at cc:mail said
>they thought it only worked with FTP software's product.

cc:Mail's SMTP gateway uses FTP software's stack in the gateway host,
however any file sharing product can be used in the cc:Mail workstations
themselves.  For that matter, you can also use Al Marshall's public domain
cc:Mail to SMTP gateway.

enjoy,
leo j mclaughlin iii
The Wollongong Group