[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] NCSA Telnet/FTP

hughes@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (larry hughes) (11/17/90)

In article <72083@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> hughes@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (larry hughes) writes:
>Does anyone know how to submit a batch job from NCSA's client FTP
>to an IBM host?  The NCSA FTP doesn't implement the "site" command
>(which we can use to "site submit" to the IBM FTP server).

I've received several replies about using the quote command to
do this (i.e. "quote site submit").  To those who are interested,
this does work...assuming of course the server supports the site
command.

I also modified the NCSA FTP code to support "site", and have
submitted a request to NCSA to include the mod in the next
rev of beta 2.3.

||       Larry J. Hughes, Jr.        ||        hughes@ucs.indiana.edu        ||
||        Indiana University         ||                                      ||
||   University Computing Services   ||   "The person who knows everything   ||
||    750 N. State Road 46 Bypass    ||      has a lot to learn."            ||
||      Bloomington, IN  47405       ||                                      ||
||         (812) 855-9255            ||   Disclaimer: Same as my quote...    ||