[comp.protocols.tcp-ip.ibmpc] PC-NFS & Netware with 2 Cards?

ericd@ms.uky.edu (Eric B. Durbin) (11/17/90)

Is is possible to run PC-NFS on a 3C503 and Netware 386 on an NE2000 on
the same machine at the same time?

If so, I need some help setting it up.

I can get PC-NFS up OK, and the Netware IPX & NET3 load OK, but when I
try to access the Netware F: drive to login, I get:

Not ready reading drive F

These two cards work fine together with Netware and WIN/ROUTE.

Any help will be appreciated.
--
[]  Eric B. Durbin                                           (606) 257-4581  []
[]  University of Kentucky/Kentucky Cancer Registry        ericd@ms.uky.edu  []

jbreeden@netcom.UUCP (John Breeden) (11/18/90)

In article <16387@s.ms.uky.edu> ericd@ms.uky.edu (Eric B. Durbin) writes:
>Is is possible to run PC-NFS on a 3C503 and Netware 386 on an NE2000 on
>the same machine at the same time?
>
>If so, I need some help setting it up.
>
>I can get PC-NFS up OK, and the Netware IPX & NET3 load OK, but when I
>try to access the Netware F: drive to login, I get:
>
>Not ready reading drive F
>
>These two cards work fine together with Netware and WIN/ROUTE.

I remember reading a while back in this group that there was a redirector
conflict between PC-NFS and Netware - and therein lies your problem (can
someone confirm this?, as I recall it was a message posted by Leo at
Wollongong).

I also recall that Wollongong's WIN/NFS would co-exist with Netware, I wonder
If FTP's Interdrive will? How 'bout Lan Manager's redirector and a PC based
NFS?

--
 John Robert Breeden,
 netcom!jbreeden@apple.com, apple!netcom!jbreeden, ATTMAIL:!jbreeden